Ask yourself these questions to make the right choice!
1) Do you need a multi-function printer? You can purchase a printer on its own or an all-in-one that allows you to print, copy, scan and fax.
2) Do you need a color printer or black and white? A color printer can print black and white but a black and white printer cannot print color. However, color cartridges cost more than black and white ones so you have to make a decision on this based on the volume of color vs black and white printing.
3) Do you print on a regular basis? Inkjet printer cartridges are cheaper than those of laser printers but they tend to dry out easily if not used on a regular basis. For occasional printing, laser printers are a good option.
4) Do you print regular documents or photos? Inkjet printers are great for high quality photo printing. They tend to print much slower than laser printers which is why it is not commonly used for bulk printing.
5) What is the largest paper size you print on? Most printers are capable of printing legal size documents as the largest size. Look out for paper size capabilities for printing larger material.
6) Do you print double-sided? Duplex feature is only available on some printers. If it isn’t available, you have to manually turn the paper over the right way to print on the flip side.
7) Do you need wireless printing? Not all printers can print wirelessly. Look for the network symbol to see if its capable of wireless printing. This feature is becoming very popular as you can print documents from anywhere.
8) What are the replacement cost of inks? You may purchase a cost effective printer without realizing the high cost of replacement inks. Please be sure to check the price of replacement inks as they can exceed the cost of the printer itself. Brand name inks tend to be more expensive. For cheaper options, you can purchase re-manufactured inks that print almost the same as with brand name inks but at a fraction of the price. Call us for prices.