Here are some basic steps to troubleshoot your printer:
1) Look for an error or warning light on the printer and your computer. Refer to the manual to what the
warning lights indicate.
2) Look for any paper jams. Some printers have multiple locations to look for paper jams – most have a back door.
3) Make sure there is enough paper in the tray and the tray is fully pushed in place.
4) Sometimes old documents that failed to print can hold up the printing so cancel any pending print jobs.
5) Check the ink/toner cartridges are not empty. If you haven’t printed for over a month, inks could have dried. Try cleaning them using the printers built‐in maintenance menu or the printers program on your computer.
6) Check for loose cables ‐ the cables to the printer should be snuggly plugged in on both ends.
7) If you have a wifi printer, use the USB cable instead to isolate any issues with your WiFi. If you still prefer to use WiFi, re‐connect it to the same WiFi network as your computer.
8) Restart the printer and computer