Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app from the zoom.us website or from the App store. For your computer, to be sure to download it from the correct source, you can also go to our website, www.aumcomputers.net, click on the HELPFUL LINKS button on the main menu and click on the ZOOM logo found at the bottom of the page.
To join a meeting, you can either click on the meeting invitation link or click on the blue “JOIN A MEETING” button that appears after you have downloaded the zoom app.
- Enter the unique 9-11 digit meeting ID number that you received in the invitation to join the meeting from the meeting host.
- If you are already signed in, you can change your name if you don’t want your default name to appear.
- If you are not signed in, please enter a display name.
- If you check the box that says “Do not connect to audio”, you will be able to hear members who opted to join the meeting with their audio connected but they will not be able to hear you. You can change this setting after you have joined the meeting by clicking on your profile picture, then on Settings.
Note: The meeting host can also control the settings to mute all members except for the speakers of the meeting.
- If you check the box that says “Turn off my video”, you will be see members who opted to join the meeting with their video turned on but they will not be able to see you. You can change this setting after you have joined the meeting by clicking on your profile picture, then on Settings.
- Click on the Join button to join the meeting.
It is important to have a microphone and camera connected to your device to participate in a meeting but it is not required if you are only attending to listen in. Most devices except desktop towers already come with a built-in camera and microphone but if you don’t have one, you can purchase a decent HD webcam with a built-in microphone for about $65. We recommend you purchase a high resolution (1080p) for a good quality video. This device can also be used for other web-based meetings like Skype.