1. Before travel, make sure to update your device operating system, software and security programs to the
latest versions. Backup your device just before your trip.
2. In order to avoid your devices automatically connecting to free, insecure public networks, go to your WiFi
settings and turn off “Ask To Join Networks” and make sure you don’t manually connect to public WiFi
without VPN (Virtual Private Network).
3. Add a password or pin to protect devices incase it’s lost or falls in the wrong hands.
4. GPS location services on your phone tracks your location which should be turned off from privacy settings
when not in use.
5. If you must use public WiFi without VPN or have to use a public device, only use it for online browsing such
as news. Never use public devices for banking or checking emails or even using social media apps.
6. When you are not using your phone, turn on the airplane mode. This disables all cellular transmissions and
stops your devices from unnecessarily scanning for wireless networks which also helps in maintaining the